About the Flint Urban Safety Corps: The United Way of Genesee County, in partnership with the University of Michigan-Flint, hosts 10 AmeriCorps members in community to reduce crime, build community, and eliminate blight along Flint’s University Avenue Corridor (UAC). Member and program activities include building the capacity of community watch groups, radio patrol groups, and bike watch groups, holding community building events, canvassing neighborhoods with relevant information, supporting safe routes, and organizing and implementing board-ups.
Become a part of this exciting new initiative - Apply Today!
Qualified candidates will:
- Have an interest in helping communities/neighborhoods/residents
- Commitment to 1 year of service (12 months)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Flint-based candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Approximately $12,000 living stipend
- $5,775 education award for successful completion (may be used to pay off student loans or to pay for future education for member or a close relative)
- Health coverage
- Training and professional development
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Chance to make a difference in community and positively impact the lives of residents in Flint!