Request for Proposals Now OPEN!
The United Way of Genesee County is now accepting grant proposals until April 3, 2017.
United Way of Genesee County (UWGC) is at the forefront of uniting people, developing resources and creating solutions to build a better community. In an effort to improve lives in our community, UWGC invests donor gifts in exceptional programs that make measurable progress in its priority areas of Education, Health, Financial Stability and Basic Needs.
UWGC is able to fund exceptional programs through systematic Community Impact Grants. Grants are provided through a competitive and transparent allocation process that is open to all nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility criteria. The call for proposals is now open and the grant application can be found here. All applications must be the eligibility listed below and be received by April 3, 2017.
The following requirements must be met in order for a program to receive funding through the Community Impact Grants Process:
- The organization must be a 501(c)3 in good standing with the State of Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act and IRS rules for Charitable Organizations; or governmental entity.
- The organization must be established for more than 3 years at time of submission.
- The proposed program must concentrate its efforts and services within Genesee County.
- UWGC values programs that are non-duplicative; emphasize collaboration; large in scale; and, leverage dollars from other donors.
- The proposed program must make an impact in one or more of the UWGC priority areas and its target strategies.
Community Impact Cabinet
The Cabinet reviews proposals making recommendations for funding to the United Way Board of Directors and monitors awarded projects’ progress. The members of the Community Impact Cabinet are:
- Greg Viener
First Merit Bank
(Chair and United Way board member)
- Chris Wise
Randy Wise Automotive Team
(Vice Chair and United Way board member)
- Tess Barker
University of Michigan-Flint
- Wes Stoody
Article One Eye Wear
- Lori Mudge
Rowe Professional Services
- Nadeem Gebrael,
- Mel Newhouse