2019 Tax Preparation Services for the 2018 Tax Year
Low-to-Moderate income families in Genesee County can file their taxes for free with an IRS-certified volunteer through United Way's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. VITA is a volunteer run program in partnership with the IRS to help families access the EITC and other credits that can boost financial stability. The schedule below list sites and times for walk-in and appointment tax preparation. Before you go, make sure to review this list of items to bring with you to assure your tax preparer can complete your return.
Shiawassee County Residents: Please check this page for updates on tax assistance in your region.
Genesee County Tax Assistance & Financial Services Coalition returns more than $600,000 to Genesee County last year
- Number of days tax sites were open: 26
- Number of hours the tax sites were open: 168 hours
- Federal returns filed: 574
- Federal tax refunds to Genesee County Residents: $625,262
- State of Michigan returns filed: 846
- State tax refunds to Genesee County Residents: $52,966
- City of Flint returns filed: 343
- City of Flint refunds: $2,723