National service members can help your organization!
AmeriCorps, VISTA, NCCC or Senior Corps members can help nonprofits, charities, educational institutions, and other community-focused organizations advance their mission, provide services, and build capacity.
If your organization is interested in hosting a member, the Flint National Service Accelerator can help! The Accelerator can provide technical assistance including:
- Guidance on finding a suitable AmeriCorps program to meet the needs of your organization
- Completing the application process
- Recruitment and member support
- Development member position descriptions
- Project implementation and member trainings
- Guidance on applying for member match requirements through the National Service Fund
Several state-wide AmeriCorps and VISTA programs are looking for Flint-based organizations that are interested in hosting members. To find out more information about any of these programs, please contact Jenny.
- AmeriCorps Financial Empowerment Program - Michigan Association of United Ways (focus: financial literacy)
- Civic Engagement VISTA Program - Michigan Nonprofit Association (focus: financial literacy, employability, student engagement, college access)
- Mentoring to Access Corps - Michigan Nonprofit Association (focus: mentoring and college access)
- Michigan's Campaign to End Homelessness - Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness (focus: homelessness)
- Michigan College Advising Corps - UM and MSU (focus: college access and success)
- Michigan Foreclosure Prevention Corps - CEDAM (focus: housing)
- Michigan Habitat’s AmeriCorps - Habitat for Humanity (focus: housing)
- Michgan Education Corps - Hope Network (focus: K-3 literacy)
- Together We Prepare AmeriCorps - American Red Cross of West Michigan (focus: disaster preparedness)
For more information about the national service programs, follow the links provided:
AmeriCorps state/national - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-state-and-national
AmeriCorps VISTA - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
AmeriCorps NCCC - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-nccc
Senior Corps RSVP - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/senior-corps/rsvp
Senior Corps Foster Grandparents - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/senior-corps/foster-grandparents
Senior Corps Senior Companions - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/senior-corps/senior-companions
Not sure the best way to go about getting a national service member? Contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-762-5825.