National service members can help your organization!
AmeriCorps, VISTA, NCCC or Senior Corps members can help nonprofits, charities, educational institutions, and other community-focused organizations advance their mission, provide services, and build capacity."Service memebers have expanded capacity in community engagement, parent engagement, physical activities and supplemental education activities"
If your organization is interested in hosting a member, the Flint National Service Accelerator can help! The Accelerator can provide technical assistance including:
- Guidance on finding a suitable AmeriCorps program to meet the needs of your organization
- Completing the application process
- Recruitment and member support
- Development member position descriptions
- Project implementation and member trainings
- Guidance on applying for member match requirements through the National Service Fund
Several state-wide AmeriCorps and VISTA programs are looking for Flint-based organizations that are interested in hosting members. To find out more information about any of these programs, please contact Jenny.
- AmeriCorps Financial Empowerment Program - Michigan Association of United Ways (focus: financial literacy)
- Civic Engagement VISTA Program - Michigan Nonprofit Association (focus: financial literacy, employability, student engagement, college access)
- Mentoring to Access Corps - Michigan Nonprofit Association (focus: mentoring and college access)
- Michigan's Campaign to End Homelessness - Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness (focus: homelessness)
- Michigan College Advising Corps - UM and MSU (focus: college access and success)
- Michigan Foreclosure Prevention Corps - CEDAM (focus: housing)
- Michigan Habitat’s AmeriCorps - Habitat for Humanity (focus: housing)
- Michgan Education Corps - Hope Network (focus: K-3 literacy)
- Together We Prepare AmeriCorps - American Red Cross of West Michigan (focus: disaster preparedness
"The AmeriCorps VISTA positions supported an entirely new model of food service delivery as a pilot for summer meals for children and adults. It worked so well that we are expanding the program this year. The community was receptive to the model and it served children that would have otherwise gone without any meals during the summer months!"
For more information about the national service programs, follow the links provided:
AmeriCorps state/national - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-state-and-national
AmeriCorps VISTA - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
AmeriCorps NCCC - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-nccc
Senior Corps RSVP - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/senior-corps/rsvp
Senior Corps Foster Grandparents - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/senior-corps/foster-grandparents
Senior Corps Senior Companions - http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/senior-corps/senior-companions
Not sure the best way to go about getting a national service member? Contact Jenny at email@example.com or 810-762-5825.