Do You Really Know the United Way?
At the United Way of Genesee County we are the catalyst for producing better results, faster for our community. We work WITH our partners to surround children, individuals and families with the resources they need to succeed at all stages of their lives. We invest in partnerships that create real impact. We use data and evidence to fund over 150 programs that leverage more than $15 million back into the community.
Our work goes far beyond raising money. In the last year, together we enrolled over 500 children in high-quality early education programs. Together 62% of youth in a United Way funded program earned passing grades. Together we connected over 29,000 people to resources and services that they need through our 2-1-1 service line.
We also operate a multitude of initiatives to address community needs:
- We connected more than 6,784 volunteers with service projects through our Genesee and Shiawassee Serves Programs
- We respond immediately in times of disaster
- We build playgrounds, reading centers, and ramps
- We provide equipment for youth to explore more athletic opportunities
- We support more than 400 SeniorCorps and AmeriCorps members working to address the communities most pressing needs
- We employ two labor liasons that work in partnership with the UAW and AFL-CIO to meet member's needs
We aren't the United Way of the past, we are community organization UNITED with hundreds of donors providing them with a WAY to impact the lives of the community.
Our 2018 Annual Report provides more detail on the impacts we made together last year. The full report can be found here.