Flint, MI has a robust culture of national service. There are many opportunities for you to get involved, so what are you waiting for?
The following national service positions are now accepting applications:
Are you passionate about helping families secure safe, affordable housing? APPLY NOW!
Are you passionate about helping improve our schools and help students and families reach their full potential? APPLY NOW!
Find the opportunity that is your best fit, or if you aren't sure which one is right for you, email Elizia (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about all of the positions.
- Family Engagement - VISTA
- Community Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
- Education Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
- Physical Activity Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
Find out more about the Flint Community Schools Corps by clicking here.
Are you passionate about helping kids reach their full potential through physical education and sports-based youth development? APPLY NOW!
Find out more about Coach Across America by clicking here.
Are you passionate about parks, neighborhood revitalization, community engagement and other aspects of helping Flint become a stronger community? APPLY NOW!
Find out more about the City of Flint Master Plan by clicking here.
Are you passionate about fighting blight, neighborhood revitalization, and community engagement? APPLY NOW!
Find out more about the Flint Urban Safety Corps by clicking here.
What does it mean to serve?
AmeriCorps members typically serve at a site, which may be one of several sites served by a local AmeriCorps grantee or sponsor organization. AmeriCorps members are assigned to a specific project, like a mentoring program or environmental project, and are not "interns" or "volunteers" at the organizations who can fulfill any old task like getting coffee or making copies. In AmeriCorps, you will MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
AmeriCorps members typically receive:
- Living stipend (amount may vary, but it's usually approximately $12,000 for a full year)
- $5,815 education award (may be used for educational loans or current/future expenses of members, children, or grandchildren)
- Health coverage
- Childcare coverage if eligible
- Training and professional development
- Some members may be eligible for coverage of relocation costs