Ready to apply? See open positions here.
What does it mean to serve?
AmeriCorps members typically serve at a site, which may be one of several sites served by a local AmeriCorps grantee or sponsor organization. AmeriCorps members are assigned to a specific project, like a mentoring program or environmental project, and are not "interns" or "volunteers" at the organizations who can fulfill any old task like getting coffee or making copies. In AmeriCorps, you will MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
"Being a national service member has changed my life! Through my service, I have discovered a passion for heping others find joy in volunteering. My service has changed the way I live my life. National service rejuvinated my spirit and set me on a completely different path for my future that I am looking greatly forward to." - Former Flint AmeriCorps Member
AmeriCorps members typically receive:
- Living stipend (amount may vary, but it's usually approximately $12,300 for a full year)
- $5,815 education award (may be used for educational loans or current/future expenses of members, children, or grandchildren)
- Health coverage
- Childcare coverage if eligible
- Training and professional development
- Some members may be eligible for coverage of relocation costs
Flint, MI has a robust culture of national service. There are many opportunities for you to get involved, so what are you waiting for?
The following national service positions are now accepting applications:
LISC Americorps members serve in vital roles in Flint supporting community development initiatives. Members spearhead valuable projects, engaging local residents, and gain an understading of community development. See open positions below. For more information and how to apply, contact Robyn at email@example.com.
Open AmeriCorps LISC positions
The member selected to serve in this capacity will be responsible for:
- Coordinating community assessments
- Serving as a point of contact and liaison for the community assessment
- Researching community history, assets, issues, barriers, resources and goals
- Writing information for inclusion in community assessment reports
- Assist with projects that address community needs
Are you passionate about improving our schools and helping students and families reach their full potential? APPLY NOW!
- Family Engagement - VISTA
- Community Resource Developer - VISTA
- Education Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
- Physical Activity Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
Find out more about the Flint Community Schools Corps by clicking here.
Are you passionate about helping the Flint community recover from the water crisis through health? Find out more about the Flint Recovery Corps by clicking here. Email Phillip Barnhart (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
There are no Flint Recovery Corps positions currently accepting applications. Check back soon!
Are you passionate about helping kids read at grade level by 3rd grade? APPLY NOW! Find out more about Reading Corps by clicking here. Contact Kaye Sutherland with questions (KSutherland@hopenetwork.org).
Contact Jen Baker with questions and to apply (email@example.com).
Are you passionate about parks, neighborhood revitalization, community engagement and other aspects of helping Flint become a stronger community? APPLY NOW!
Find out more about the City of Flint Master Plan by clicking here. Open positions:
- Blight Elimination Liaison
- Land Bank Liaison
Are you passionate about fighting blight, neighborhood revitalization, and community engagement? APPLY NOW
Want to check out an article on the Flint Urban Safety Corps Blight Squad? Click here.
Click here to read about how Flint Urban Safety Corps participated in alternate spring break.
Learn about one of our memebers by clicking here.
Find out more about the Flint Urban Safety Corps by clicking here.
Are you interested in helping the community be safer, more prepared, and more resilient? APPLY NOW!
Find out more about the Red Cross Together We Prepare AmeriCorps Program by clicking here.
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Flint VISTA Program
Are you interested in helping young people succeed? Apply Now! See open positions below.
Do you have a passion for gardening and healthy eating? APPLY NOW! Accepting applications through March 15, 2018.
Want to see what a year in the life of an AmeriCorps FoodCorps member looks like? Check out this video.