United Way Community Impact RFP
United Way of Genesee County accepts applications for our Community Impact Grants in March of each year.
United Way of Genesee County (UWGC), serving Genesee and Shiawassee Counties, is at the forefront of uniting people, developing resources and creating solutions to build a better community. In an effort to improve lives in our community, UWGC invests donor gifts in exceptional programs that make measurable progress. UWGC awards grants that meet specific priority areas:
- Genesee County, our priority areas are Education and Basic Needs (including Health and Financial Stability).
- Shiawassee County, our priority areas are Education and Basic Needs.
UWGC funds high-quality programs through systematic Community Impact Grants. Grants are provided through a competitive and transparent allocation process that is open to all nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility criteria. Typically awarded grants range from $2,500 - $100,000.
The following requirements must be met in order for a program to receive funding through the Community Impact Grants Process:
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3) in good standing with the State of Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act and IRS rules for Charitable Organizations; or governmental entity.
- The organization must be established for more than 3 years at time of submission.
- The proposed program must concentrate its efforts and services within Genesee or Shiawassee County.
- UWGC values programs that are non-duplicative, large in scale, emphasize collaboration and leverage dollars from other donors.
- The proposed program must make an impact in one or more of the UWGC priority areas and its target strategies.
- The United Way does not support capital projects of any kind.