Ready to apply? See open positions here.
What does it mean to serve?
AmeriCorps members typically serve at a site, which may be one of several sites served by a local AmeriCorps grantee or sponsor organization. AmeriCorps members are assigned to a specific project, like a mentoring program or environmental project, and are not "interns" or "volunteers" at the organizations who can fulfill any old task like getting coffee or making copies. In AmeriCorps, you will MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
"Being a national service member has changed my life! Through my service, I have discovered a passion for heping others find joy in volunteering. My service has changed the way I live my life. National service rejuvinated my spirit and set me on a completely different path for my future that I am looking greatly forward to." - Former Flint AmeriCorps Member
AmeriCorps members typically receive:
- Living stipend (amount may vary, but it's usually approximately $13,000 for a full year)
- $6,315 education award (may be used for educational loans or current/future expenses of members, children, or grandchildren - if member is 55+)
- Health coverage
- Childcare coverage if eligible
- Training and professional development
- Some members may be eligible for coverage of relocation costs
Flint, MI has a robust culture of national service. There are many opportunities for you to get involved, so what are you waiting for?
The following positions are for 10 or 12 month service terms. Check back soon for summer terms.
Flint Community School Corps (full-time and half-time)
The Flint Community School Corps Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Are you passionate about improving our schools and helping students and families reach their full potential?
- Family Engagement - VISTA
- Community Resource Developer - VISTA
- Education Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
- Physical Activity Coordinator - AmeriCorps State
Find out more about the Flint Community Schools Corps by clicking here.
Flint Recovery Corps (full-time or half-time)
The Flint Recovery Corps Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Are you passionate about helping the Flint community recover from the water crisis through health? Find out more about the Flint Recovery Corps by clicking here. Email Corey Archambault (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Apply today to serve in the 2019-2020 cohort! Now ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
AmeriCorps LISC Positions (full-time, half-time, or quarter-time)
The AmeriCorps LISC Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
LISC AmeriCorps members serve in vital roles in Flint supporting community development initiatives. Members spearhead valuable projects, engaging local residents, and gain an understading of community development. Open positions:
- Communities First, Inc.
- Faith Foundation Resources
- Metro Community Development
- Neighborhood Engagement Hub
- Red Ink Flint
- Crim Fitness Foundation
For more information and how to apply, contact Robyn Hall at email@example.com.
The Michigan Nonprofit Association VISTA Program is no longer accepting applications for 2019-2020. Check back soon.
Are you passionate about eliminating poverty by focusing on education and economic opportunity? In Flint, the following organizations host MNA VISTA members:
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan - Help the Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan provide opportunities for skills growth and exploration for girls in Flint, Michigan.
- Motherly Intercession - Help Motherly Intercession provide support to the 45,000 children of families in Genesee County experiencing incarceration through education and employability training
- Mott Community College - Help Opportunity Youth (ages 16-24) navigate the barriers in Education, Employment, and Everything Else at the ReMix Resource Center in Flint, Michigan with Mott Community College.
- Flint and Genesee Literacy Network - Build the capacity for greater Flint to build two generational approaches to literacy.
The Opioid VISTA Program is no longer accepting applications. Check back soon.
The United Way is supporting VISTA members to be placed at community organizations who are combatting the opioid epidemic in Genesee County through education, prevention and recovery. AmeriCorps VISTA members will perform capacity building activities over the course of one year to reduce the number of opioid abuse incidences in the county. Member roles include resource development, training, community engagement, partnership management, and data/research.
The City of Flint VISTA Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Are you passionate about parks, neighborhood revitalization, community engagement and other aspects of helping Flint become a stronger community? APPLY NOW!
Find out more about the City of Flint Master Plan by clicking here. Positions that link to an application are now accepting candidates!
- Blight Elimination Liaison
- Neighborhood Liaison
- Parks Liaison
- Community Recovery Liaison
- VISTA Leader
- Land Bank Liaison
Flint Urban Safety Corps (full-time)
The Flint Urban SafetyCorps Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Are you passionate about fighting blight, neighborhood revitalization, and community engagement? APPLY NOW
Advise MI (full-time)
The Advise MI Program is no longer accepting applications. Check back soon.
Advisors aim to increase the number of high school students who enter and complete postsecondary education.
Find out more about the Advise MI College Advising Program by clicking here.
Reading Corps (full-time)
The Reading Corps Program is no longer accepting applications. Check back soon.
Are you passionate about helping kids read at grade level by 3rd grade? Find out more about Reading Corps by clicking here.
Up2Us Coaches (full-time or half-time)
The Up2Us Program in Flint is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Contact Jen Baker with questions and to apply (firstname.lastname@example.org). Up2Us is no longer accepting applications for the 2018-2019 year. Check back soon!
American Red Cross- Together We Prepare (full-time)
The Together We Prepare AmeriCorps Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Are you interested in helping the community be safer, more prepared, and more resilient? APPLY NOW!
The Boys and Girls Club VISTA Program is NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
Are you interested in helping young people succeed? Apply Now! See open positions below.
The FoodCorps Program in Flint is no longer accepting applications. Check back soon.
Do you have a passion for gardening and healthy eating? Find out more about FoodCorps by clicking here.
For more information, contact Kelly McClelland at email@example.com.