What it's like to Work United
At the United Way of Genesee County, we are the catalyst for producing better results, faster for Genesee and Shiawassee Counties. We work WITH our partners to surround children, individuals and families with the resources they need to succeed at all stages of their lives. We invest in partnerships that create real impact. We use data and evidence to fund over 150 programs that leverage more than $15 million back into the community.
UWGC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity.
- Value, champion, and embrace diversity in all aspects of UWGC activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Support affirmative action and equal employment opportunity programs throughout UWGC.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
- Civic Engagement Manager - This position is primarily responsible for the management of the Flint National Service Accelerator initiative which helps promote the importance of national service and activities throughout Genesee County. Additional responsibilities include working with organizations to build their capacity for maximizing national service positions, recruiting and training for national service members. The salary range is $45,000-$55,000 annually with benefits. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The full position description can be found by clicking here.
- National Service Coordinator - UWGC is seeking a National Service Coordinator to support its National Service Accelerator and internal AmeriCorps programs. The Coordinator will support the recruitment of members; coordinate trainings and AmeriCorps service projects; manage grant documents and software systems; support member host sites; and, navigate member needs. Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full-time union position, reporting to the AmeriCorps Manager with an hourly rate of $21.72 with full benefits. A full job description can be found here.
- Inspired by the national call to make a year of full-time national service a cultural expectation, common opportunity, and civic rite of passage for every young American, Flint has committed to being a demonstration site for what that looks like at the local level. To see the opportunities to serve our community through AmeriCorps, visit http://www.unitedwaygenesee.org/serve-now.