National service members can help your organization!
AmeriCorps, VISTA, NCCC or Senior Corps members can help nonprofits, charities, educational institutions, and other community-focused organizations advance their mission, provide services, and build capacity.
"Service members have expanded capacity in community engagement, parent engagement, physical activities and supplemental education activities"
If your organization is interested in hosting a member, the Flint National Service Accelerator can help! The Accelerator can provide technical assistance including:
- Guidance on finding a suitable AmeriCorps program to meet the needs of your organization
- Completing the application process
- Recruitment and member support
- Development member position descriptions
- Project implementation and member trainings
- Guidance on applying for member match requirements through the National Service Fund
Several local and state-wide AmeriCorps and VISTA programs are looking for Flint-based organizations that are interested in hosting members. To find out more information about any of these programs and how they can help your organization, please contact Katie De Araujo at email@example.com.
- AdviseMI - Michigan College Access Network (focus: post-secondary access for high schoolers)
- AmeriCorps LISC (focus: economic opportunity, entrepreneurism)
- Flint Recovery Corps (focus: long-term water crisis recovery)
- Genesee County Opioid Abuse Prevention VISTA Program (focus: capacity building to fight the opioid crisis)
- Michigan's Campaign to End Homelessness - Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness (focus: homelessness)
- Michigan Foreclosure Prevention Corps - CEDAM (focus: housing)
- Pathways to Employment VISTA Program - Michigan Nonprofit Association (focus: financial literacy, employability, college access)
- Senior Corps RSVP: (focus: health, adult education)
Not sure the best way to go about getting a national service member? Contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-762-5825.